- You carry your weight in the lower half of your body.
- Your bottom half is wider than your shoulders
- You have a clearly defined waist
- You have rounded hips
- Smaller or flat bust
For the Perfect Pear body, you want to downplay your hips by showing off your arms. Be sure to stick to darker wash denim and pants and play up the top half of your body; look for fun prints, cool patterns, and unique details. When you’re looking for dresses and skirts, look for A-line fits and fit and flare dresses. You’ll want to avoid pencil skirts and any straight laying fitted piece that emphasizes your hips. Wear bold accessories like statement necklaces and bright earrings to draw the eye upward.
- Wear dark denim in straight or bootcut fits
- Wear bright and bold shirts
- Look for A-line dresses and skirts
- Play off your petite shoulders!
- Wear sheath dresses and pencil skirts
- Pick skinny jeans as your first go-to jean.
- wear clingy fabrics
- buy bright printed bottoms or skirts
The look below shows a great dress for a Perfect Pear body shape. The fit and flare silhouette will downplay your hips, the navy color is great for disguising your wider bottom half, and the top of the dress has intricate lace detail that draws the eye upwards. Style it with fun bright accessories like the yellow purse for contrast and an edgy finish.